Account Manager (Asia)
Our client is a global accessories label, stocked internationally across 400+ retailers, primarily in the USA and Australia. Connecting the dots between trends, quality and affordability, the label is much sought after by fashion influencers and style icons alike. Whether it's speaking to media and bloggers, retail or wholesale consumers, industry commentators or the fashion community, the team is the voice of company, always eager to share the brand story.
The Sales division is responsible for developing new opportunities and customers for the brand around the world. Whether it's opening new markets, finding and managing new stockists and major accounts, or developing opportunities that arise in existing lines of business, the sales division is the growth engine of company.
As the Account Manager, you will nurture, develop and execute relationships and strategies to grow business revenue, and increase sales and the brand’s footprint worldwide. You will take the lead on managing all key accounts for the brand and be the lead point of contact for all client related matters – anticipating their needs and working internally to ensure the experience for the customer on the front end is seamless.
You will be highly driven and have a strong understanding of the brand’s position in the marketplace, utilising this knowledge to create winning strategies to bring in sales from new and existing clients. You will be required to focus on the bigger picture direction of the company and find creative and efficient solutions to complex problems. You will also acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements, expanding the relationships with new and existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives. You will report directly to the Managing Director, and work alongside the Marketing Manager and Senior Merchandiser.
As a member of the executive team, you will also have input into other elements of the business including communications, customer service, financial functions and outreach to our global audience of accessories lovers. In return, you will receive a competitive salary, potential bonus and room for future growth within the business.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Plan and execute brand growth functions, focusing on sales and partnership opportunities
- Devise sales and partnership strategies, e.g. new markets, new lines of business, new concepts and merchandise ideas, pop-ups, collaborations, that increase brand awareness and revenue
- Responsible for wholesale division of the business, managing internal and external relationships surrounding this function
- Develop strong client relationships to retain existing accounts and growing revenue, by pro-active way of thinking and responding creatively to enquiries and issues
- Identify key moments and influencers to develop strong partnerships to meet sales and growth targets
- Strategic internal planning to improve client results – including negotiating contracts, managing timelines and deliverables, and working cross department to achieve seamless front end results
- Working with internal team members from other departments dedicated to the same client account to ensure the highest quality of results are produced and all client needs are met
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
- Work closely with the Marketing and Merchandise Teams to launch, manage and execute projects, ensuring they integrate seamlessly into existing operations
- Work with the Merchandise/Finance Team to analyze and assess performance on sales efforts
- Content, product and general market research
To excel in this role, you will have
- A savvy, intuitive understanding of what is right for the brand and the ability to turn that into revenue outcomes
- Experience in sales and providing solutions based on customer needs
- Strong research capability with developed project management skills
- Quick strategic thinking and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced digital environment
- Be a team player with an open, honest and straight-forward style of communication
- Genuine interest in wanting to make a difference in a growing business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (candidates with strong proficiency in Mandarin is preferred)
- Skilled in people management and solution is driven
- Well-developed, independent decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
Apply for this job