Country Manager (MY) - Co-working space
Our client is a premier co-working space in Singapore which provides a community first, meaningful programs and infrastructure for startups to grow and scale.
As the Country Head, you will define and execute on a strategy to expand our business into the country. You will be in charge of the culture, community, and commercial success of the company for the country.
You will be able to leverage on our current market position and track record, and hold a role with large responsibility and high visibility in the Southeast Asia innovation ecosystem.
● Responsible for the country’s P&L - member growth, occupancy, revenue & margins - managing budgets & pro forma.
● To oversee and be responsible for all aspects of the financial management including but not limited to fiscal accounting, managing the payables & receivables, monthly reporting, and financial analysis of the business.
● Responsible for all HR matters in the country: hiring, firing, rewards and performance management.
● Responsible for maintaining operational excellence and managing the customer experience team to deliver the highest customer service standards.
● Ensure smooth day to day operations and optimisation of operational processes (including Facilities, Systems and IT).
● Build a strong local brand through executing marketing campaigns (events, ad buys etc.), in partnership with the Brand & Marketing team
● Advise the CEO on vision for the country; define and execute a go-to-market strategy and execution plan.
● Understand the market, real estate market, competitor landscape and be aware of all trends happening in the space
● Develop strong relationships with all ecosystem players including but not limited to community influencers, event organisers, investors, and mentors
● Set the tone for the team, demand performance, and drive results while also growing the next generation of leaders in the market and in the company.
● Navigate local regulatory status and work with legal on government relations
● Manage the community experience
● Be the local market presence to support the Real Estate Team in selection of future market sites
Key Metrics of Success
● Customer service - customer loyalty, advocacy and retention
● Financial compliance and performance
● Growth of community and member’s business success and partnerships
● Team development and performance
● Operational excellence across all spaces
● Has at least 8 years of relevant experience in hospitality, startups, consulting, real estate or related experience with strong operational focus, etc.
● Has demonstrated ability to leverage on local and regional networks in executing innovation projects
● Is familiar with technology, startups, entrepreneurship, innovation and venture capital; and is well connected in the startup ecosystem in the country and Southeast Asia;
● Holds a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
● Embraces the uncertainty that comes with building new ventures;
● Has demonstrated the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth environment;
Apply for this job