FinanceManager (SG) - eCommerce
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead a team of dedicated finance business partners across central service functions to provide recommendations to drive value generation across the group.
- Lead the financial planning & analysis, to deliver the annual budget, quarterly forecast processes, and longer term planning. Develop planning timetable that ensures timely delivery to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide in depth decision support & analyses on sales and commercial strategies including pricing & trading terms decision, product profitability, promotions & marketing campaigns and inventory management.
- Build, develop, maintain and own complex models in order to generate long term and short term business forecasts to drive decision making and communicate messages across the business, both internally and externally.
- Own the definition, production and development of internal reporting to meet both the demands of internal and external stakeholders. Scope out the demands and seek out solutions to efficiently provide the data requested on a timely basis whilst highlighting limitations of the data provided and driving through changes to maximize data integrity.
- Own consolidation of financial budgets and forecasts including Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and the forecasting of currency requirements.
- Deliver weekly results and commentary to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support project prioritization through appraisal and monitoring of financial investments through the delivery and implementation of a rigorous business case process that supports the group strategy. Ensure business cases are moderated and presented as part of Investment Board review in order to shape technology development roadmaps.
- Drive business planning process with Commercial and Marketing to develop comprehensive and credible financial forecasts for Orders / Gross Market Value through Net Margin and based on all aspects of the business.
- Be involved in commercial/strategic projects to drive business improvement, cost reductions, contribution margin and working capital improvements.
- Manage and liaise with Finance teams for month end close reporting: reconciliation, consolidation and analyses for monthly financial results and communication to senior management.
- Lead Financial team meetings to provide recommendations to FP&A, CFO, and HR over the hire of new roles and replacement roles in terms of budget and latest forecast.
- Liaison with Accounting and FP&A finance teams for month end close reporting: reconciliation, consolidation and analyses for monthly financial results and communication to senior management.
- Identify resourcing requirements to ensure appropriate service is provided to all stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement of financial reporting and develop timely analysis to focus functional business partners on the key drivers of financial success. Measure and challenge target achievements and business performance.
- Be a strong business partner to all relevant teams to provide financial modelling support and recommendations (both strategic and tactical).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Computer Science. MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years’ relevant experience in consulting, banking, or engineering, preferably from within Finance within Consumer Goods, Technology, Transport, e-Commerce.
- Experience within a fast-moving transport business (or transport function within e-Commerce) preferable.
- Good time management, hands-on, constantly challenging oneself, and can efficiently multi-task and adjust priorities as needed.
- Excellent problem solving skills and business sense, proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions. Forward-looking, raises issues, resolves them, and meet deadlines to produce results.
- Strong product and business judgement. Willingness and ability to take smart risks and identify the right opportunities.
- Mental flexibility to move between high-level strategic thinking and tactical precision, i.e. ability to identify and resolve strategic issues and to laser focus on execution.
- Track record of successfully solving complex and ambiguous problems and delivering multi-stakeholder projects.
- Self-driven with ability to take on and create new assignments. Willing and eager to learn.
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the presentation of financial information to non-finance managers and directors.
- Assertive and able to influence upwards and peers.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment in cross functional and cross cultural teams.
- Ability to understand concepts and ideas quickly and model data in meaningful ways.
- Excellent Excel modelling skills, experience in building detailed models and generating flexible outputs.
- Previous skills with investor relations communications including board presentations and storyboarding. Experience of producing output for internal and external presentation.
- Ability to understand and articulate business and strategy, in financial and non-financial terms
- Confidence and ability to interact with Senior Management and experience of presenting at the Board level
- Mastery of analytical skills including tools such as Excel and SQL, and proven ability to build complex financial models.
- Ability to speak and write succinctly and clearly.
Apply for this job