Head of Business Development - Online Marketplace
The successful candidate will be a pioneer member of the Malaysia leadership team, and will work closely with the company’s leaders to implement the following:
- Develop and implement an ambitious plan for market leadership in Malaysia
- Develop and execute a strategy to ensure growth and achievement of KPIs such as sales, user engagement etc and general market traction;
- Build partnership and community engagement in line with company philosophy
- Identify trendsetter ideas, and be engaged with the industry and related events and publications;
- Secure and grow strategic long-term affiliate and brand partnerships;
- Play a key role in developing an entrepreneurial, proactive, high-intensity culture.
- This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to play an integral role in shaping the business development strategy within a successful online marketplace expanding into a new market!
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline.
- 6-10 years of working experience in any industry, within a client-facing role (those with experience in the internet, human resources or recruitment industry will be at an advantage).
- You must be a hunter and hustler. And unafraid to pick up your bag and knock on doors, over and over again.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, willingness to shatter existing paradigms and break free of own comfort zone, and ability to find innovative solutions to problems in the quickest possible time;
- Candidates must be currently located in Malaysia
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English, Malay and Chinese Dialects.
- Excellent knowledge of and passion for the development of people.
- Any previous entrepreneurial experience (including failures) or involvement with any start-ups will be considered extremely favourably.
Apply for this job