Head of Product (SG) - Consumer Fintech
Would you be keen to jump on board an exciting role experience with a company that maximize your money by empowering you to make smarter financial decisions through our suite of useful tools and awesome content?
Our client is Singapore's and Indonesia's #1 personal finance portal. They were voted the top 3 Startups Singaporeans want to work for in a recent CareerBuilder survey and are the top Fintech Startup on the list.
Our client's company was founded in 2009 with the simple aim to help Singaporeans make better financial decisions. With multiple banks and financial institutions pushing countless products out to consumers in the market today, navigating one's way through all the marketing and technical jargon while dodging the tactics of their overly pushy sales representatives simultaneously can be a major challenge, even for the experienced consumer.
By aggregating and consolidating product information to a single platform for comparison that's personalized to your unique consumer profile, They have put the power back into your hands. Whether it's your loan, insurance or credit card, we make information easy to understand and products easy to apply for - all in one place.
Your mission is to build and lead a 15-strong product management organization of product managers, product designers, UX researchers and data analysts to peak performance in an agile and fast-paced environment, all tied together by a genuine Product Culture that incorporates best practice across product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development.
As the Head of Product, you will collaborate with leaders of Technology, Content, Marketing and Commercial to guide your teams through complex problem spaces on their journey to get to simple solutions. You will also work with the ExCo to distill, document and evangelize the Product Strategy and Vision.
They’re looking for candidates with 15 years+ of an individual contributor and leadership experience at an e-commerce, marketplace or consumer-facing technology company.
- Build, lead, coach, and mentor a regional team of product managers, product designers, UX researchers, and analysts.
- Engage the ExCo to distill, document and evangelize the Product Strategy and Vision.
- Build and maintain genuine Product Culture that incorporates best practice across product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development.
- Lead annual and quarterly planning activities and engage the ExCo in the development of strategic themes.
- Develop annual product roadmaps to provide a balance of business needs and customer/consumer experience priorities within the context of delivering the strategic themes.
- Lead ideation, development, launch, and iteration of approaches to improve revenue and user experience for our site across desktop, mobile, and apps.
- Ensure market and competitor analysis are factored into product strategies.
- Engage and influence stakeholders through constant evangelism to build. cross-functional buy-in and commitment to a shared product vision and strategy
- Manage the broader product lifecycle process, from identifying user needs, planning the business case for creating products and services that are valuable, usable and feasible.
- The expert on modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, product development process, and execution
- Strong analytical, business, project management, and organizational skills
- Exceptional influencing skills
- Self-motivated, positive-thinking, team player, leader, problem-solver
- Entrepreneurial and commercially minded, highly creative, and able to innovate quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to other key stakeholders, including partners and customers
- Passion for developing and nurturing people
- 15+ years product management experience in e-commerce, marketplace or consumer-facing technology platforms.
- 10+ years people leadership experience
- Understanding of SEA online/ mobile financial product comparison market and competitive landscape
- Expert in agile, product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development.
- Build a positive team and family spirit
- Engage, disagree and commit
- Be humble
- Do more with less
- Always pursue learning and growth
- Stay hungry and take ownership
Apply for this job