Head of Design (SG) - Fintech Series B
Our client is looking for an inspiring and highly-experienced Head of Design to lead, develop a growing team of product, brand and communication designers. Ultimately, you will be responsible and accountable for the team’s results, delivery and success.
You will set the vision and direction for the creative strategy through definition and development of the brand. You must have an in-depth understanding of building a world-class brand, to drive application to the site.
As a visionary and evangelist who understands design’s strategic role in the business and to bring life to our brand strategy, you will be working closely with the heads of Marketing, Brand, Technology and Product to influence and set clear creative direction for multiple markets.
You will be setting the tone for the design team through a robust culture geared towards collaboration, growth and development and building a centre of excellence across the Group.
In a Nutshell
● Represent design for the organization - Be a strong advocate inside and outside the company. Sharing the work, evangelizing our success, articulating the brand vision and story. As the representative of design in the company, fighting for design in the face of procedures to ensure the very best outcomes that impact the investment and quality of creative work and effectiveness of the design team.
● Vision - Work alongside executive management in defining and evolving the brand and company vision. This includes always ensuring that the entire organization is aligned with the creative vision set by the team. Craft and sell a long-term design strategy and vision that compels and inspires the organization to embrace the strategy.
● Create methodological toolkit - Work with Design Leads to establish and implement a toolkit/philosophy shared and understood across the entire design organization.
● Customer first - frame the end-to-end user experience for customers, establish processes and mindsets to achieve it.
● Define and live design culture - Culture is essential to a design organization’s long-term success; you must establish design team’s cultural values with its members and serve as a role model through your actions.
● Recruiting and Hiring - Build a world-class design team of A-players who hunger for learning and embody the company's culture and values. Establish organizational structure, define roles and open headcounts based on necessity.
● Fully-actualised design leader: Lead multiple teams, peer to the company’s executives to set the direction.
● Empathy and compassion towards team members, eager to mentor to help them grow through constant and consistent feedback
● Expert communicator and story-teller
● Customer-obsessed, passionate about supporting entire end-to-end journey of the business
● Able to set clear expectations to design team members
● The company's brand expert and evangelist
● Bachelor’s degree holder of Design, Marketing, Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction or any other related field
● MBA preferred
● People leadership experience
● Proven track record of leading and managing teams in framing and solving hard problems and shipping quality campaigns
● Understanding of SEA online/ mobile financial product comparison market and competitive landscape
● Grown and managed a team of lead and cross-functional designers
● Driven innovative efforts that uncovered new value with new kinds of experiences
Apply for this job