Innovation Associate(HK) - Corporate Innovation
Our client is a Hong Kong conglomerate with diverse interest across a wide sector of industry. They have recently set up a Corporate Innovation division with the aim of fostering further growth within the company as they embrace disruption and change brought about by the rapid growth of technology.
You will be part of a tightly knit Innovation Team at the Company Group level, responsible for helping spur innovation across Group companies on a global level, with a focus on business impact and culture.
Involved to identify, structure, syndicate, and implement partnerships with technology companies in the mobility and automotive space. This includes leading and executing financial due diligence whilst providing support for technical, legal and commercial due diligence.
Help evaluate new digital businesses to enter in the future (e.g. proptech, insurtech ) including partnership opportunities
Work with the company's various businesses to jointly identify where technology can create value e.g. better understanding customers, creating new revenue streams, increasing operational efficiency
Help drive internal culture change to be a more innovative company (e.g. sharing case studies, bringing in outside guest speaker experts on digital/data, rolling out online training in lean startup, digital marketing etc.)
This role reports to the Corporate Innovation GM, with good exposure to top leadership at both the Group level and in the various businesses.
Undergraduate Degree from a reputable university. CFA preferred.
3-5 years of prior experience in the following areas :
Driving innovation-related initiatives ( corporate innovation, accelerators, VCs)
Management consulting or Venture Capital or Investment Bank
- Naturally curious about technology especially mobility/automotive and a keen eye for identifying high potential startups.
- Global Outlook with Asian roots or a keen interest in Asia. Proficient in English and Cantonese or Mandarin.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively within a matrix organization including effective C-suite stakeholder engagement
- Enjoys networking, building partnership and identifying mutual wins.
- Ability to take ownership and work with limited supervision
- A go-getter, high energy, independent and innovative problem solver
Apply for this job