Product Design Lead
Be part of an exciting hypergrowth Series B startup that is looking to build and nurture a world class team of product designers and UX specialists.
As the Product Design Lead, you will guide teams and design managers through complex problem spaces on their journey to get to simple solutions. You’ll collaborate with leaders of Product, Technology, Content and Marketing teams to create innovative experiences across all products, mediums, channels and platforms.
We’re looking for candidates with 10 years+ of individual contributor and leadership experience at an ecommerce, marketplace or consumer-facing Internet company. We’re looking for a great design team leader, manager, systems-level design thinker, and visionary - with strong instincts and outstanding intuition - who will provide leadership and direction for a team of 4+ designers.
Our ideal candidate has an uncanny sense for clean design, is a fierce advocate for the user, and is committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows. You also take the time to understand not just the execution side of design, but the business aspects of the products and platforms as well.
In a Nutshell
- Build and lead a regional team of 4+ UX researchers and product designers.
- Champion user research to inform product vision and drive CX innovation
- Identify research and design needs from Product, Content, Commercial and Marketing, manage project loads and allocate designers accordingly.
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed. Lead complex projects where necessary.
- Shape and communicate a compelling long-term design strategy and vision
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products
- Lead the product design process for the team - from problem definition to design implementation
- Grow the design team by attracting and hiring new talent
- Represent our client in the broader design community
- Strong consumer insights and an understanding of how and why consumers use products
- Results-driven, focused, and analytical. Outstanding follow-up, organization, and time management skills.
- Senior presence and maturity that allows her/him to work directly with the CEO and other members of the senior management team successfully
- Strong ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a wide and diverse audience ranging from technology developers to executive management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Excited to work in a collaborative team environment. A successful history of working cross-functionally to influence others and execute projects.
- Self-motivated, positive-thinking, team player, leader, problem-solver
- Entrepreneurial and commercially minded, highly creative, and able to innovate quickly
- Passion for technology, business, and delivering a world-class customer experience
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction or any related field
- 8+ years experience in the Product Design and/or UX field, experience building and developing a user experience team
- 5+ years people leadership experience
- An expert communicator
- A strong design coach
- A brand rock-star, able to translate strategy to execution with ease
- Deep knowledge of web design and usability
- Deep knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
Apply for this job