Software Architect (SG) - Co-Working Space
This co-working space brings together an inspiring workplace community through the intermingling of knowledge workers across Asia. It is an innovative ecosystem where inspiring minds co-work on new ideas and find new ways to shape the future.
If you have been working closely with development houses and you are meticulous when it comes to communicating requirements, we are looking for you! Our client is in the property business, with co-working spaces regionally and they are looking for a self-starter individual as its Software Architect.
You will be directly reporting to the VP of Digital, and working alongside the Technology Manager and Project Manager.
This role will be based in Singapore.
- The Software Architect will be responsible for leading the design, creation, and implementation of a suite of software for managing co-working spaces and community engagement
- You will serve as the company’s technical leader for application-level software development, holding the technical vision and ensuring implementation consistency across that domain
- You will drive discussions around product features, working closely with senior leadership to define product strategy and technology roadmap in line with business vision and direction
- You will stay current with the evolution of the technology industry, development methodologies and architectural frameworks in relation to overall technology vision, and run Proof of Concepts that will result in adoption into our existing offerings
- You will turn product-level requirements into system specifications and test plans, and should also be prepared to jump into the development, implementation, and testing of specific parts of the system or the system as a whole as needed
- Some specific job duties include driving scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, system capacity planning and management, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment. Also, you will develop and leverage your extensive knowledge of many diverse system components to provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of highly complex issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions or escalation to platform partners
- The ideal candidate will have experience with SDLC, web services, IOT, mobile development, augmented reality and technologies related to digital marketing and social media
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least 7-8 years’ experience in software design and development, and 3 years’ experience in architecture
- Design experience with secure, white labeled, multi-tier, multi-tenant, highly scalable and highly available web applications
- Familiarity with front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, etc.)
- Experience with IoT Cloud platforms (Google Cloud IoT, AWS IoT, Microsoft Azure IoT, etc.)
- User interfaces and front-end cloud applications, including application deployment methods and development for web and mobile application front-ends
- User authentication and permissions in multi-tenant SaaS cloud services
- Database design: SQL, JSON, etc.
- Database security and access management
- Back-end application development, platforms, and toolsets
- Strong understanding of SaaS as a business model
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and with the entire product development lifecycle, including testing and product documentation
Apply for this job