Technical Program Manager (SG) - eCommerce
Challenge the status quo and lead the change you want to see - If you are someone who lives by this quote, speak to us!
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and a highly-motivated leader to join our client as the Technical Program Manager. You will report to the Head of Technology of this new startup business within the larger group.
Our client is a large marketplace platform that looks to establish a new team that works like a startup.
You will be expected to understand all project interdependencies, identify potential resource bottlenecks, as well as acting as a troubleshooter and ensuring the smooth exchange of information between all key stakeholders. On top of that, they will expect you to bring your extensive (and formal) Project Management Organization skills to the team and to constantly up-skill and build the project management capabilities of all team members.
The role is necessarily cross-functional - depending on the programme, you may need to work with teams including marketing, commercial, supply chain, product management, engineering, finance and HR and make sure they’re aligned to keep the Programme on-track.
Your day-to-day tasks will look like this:
- Effectively lead teams and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality, and excellence
- Gather, prioritize and create visibility of the backlog of all new and upcoming technology projects related to the program.
- Apply program management methodology, establish priorities and ensure overall delivery of technical solutions within budget and timeframes.
- Handle complex of technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and designing techniques in order to deliver business goals across teams.
- Handle overall Program planning, milestone tracking, and dependency management.
- Encourage use of tools such as Trello, Jira, amongst others.
- Program governance and status reporting and risk and issue management.
- Challenge Dev Team Leads / Senior Engineers / Project managers on the key assumptions about their projects including resource requirements, timelines, budget, and return-on-investment.
- Working cross-functionally with all directly involved teams to ensure the program can be delivered as planned within current resource availability.
- Training and building the project management capability of the team members, gradually introducing the company to both the hard and soft PM skills you have in your arsenal.
- MBA or Advanced Computer Science degree highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management, Economics, Operations or other related fields.
- 5-8 years of Technical Project Management experience
- 5+ years Experience working across companies or departments or teams
- Strong track record in project and program management within a technology context.
- Significant relevant experience in Programme Management in any of the following contexts: Technology, Consulting, Supply Chain Management
- We require formal certifications in project management such as Prince 2, PMI, or PMP
- Start-up experience.
- High degree of comfort overseeing major projects, leading teams, and working with senior executives
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Experience with SQL
- High-level analytical skills, SQL.
Apply for this job