UI/UX Designer (SG) - Travel/Lifestyle Startup
As an UI/UX Designer, you will need to operate as if you and your teammates are always approaching uncharted territory and you are the pathfinder. The Incumbent should have gone through the entire product life cycle at another start up. You find yourself taking the lead on a strategic new initiative, such as a product or platform that has never existed before, as part of our ongoing R&D efforts.
You will ground your design thinking in user research and testing, easily transitioning between divergent and convergent thinking and activities, rapidly prototype, and share your thinking in a team setting. Overall, you will combine business capabilities and tech challenges with opportunities to improve user experiences by continually pushing and agitating for better and new products through iterative improvements.
· Ability to rapidly iterate and prototype, develop hi-fidelity customer-focused design interfaces for web and mobile.
· Consistently and continuously engage, trial, test and prove design thinking and prototypes with internal and external stakeholders
· Work through UX thinking, storyboarding and design best practice to test and validate UI concepts (do not design for design sake, every UI design must be validated through UX)
· Manage UI assets and style guides
· A strong background in User Experience and a robust knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology.
· Knowledge of visual design techniques.
· Experience or interest in using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
· An advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, Overflow and Zeplin.
· A sharp eye for detail, as well as highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
· An ability to collaborate. You should be excited to work with the engineering team and Founders to envision and iterate concepts.
· Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
· Working knowledge of front-end development languages and practices (HTML/CSS/JS). Ability to produce and manage production ready front-end code preferred but not mandatory.
Our ideal candidate:
· Be interested to work in a fast-paced startup environment
· Believe that their work should have a purpose, be driven in pursuing their life’s work and not treat this as a job
· Loves what they do, has opinions, works well in a team, and gets excited about users and design
· Strong UI design skills and implementation
· Trained in UX experiential thinking
· Get stuck-in to learn and run with design thinking practices from the get go
· Challenge conventional thinking and push design to achieve functionality and beauty
· Be interested in travel
Apply for this job