VP Engineering (SG) Travel start-up
The company is a funded travel start-up that aims to make planning a holiday hassle-free by providing curated destination and accommodation picks to suit each traveler’s needs.
The VP of Engineering will have full autonomy to decide on everything technical, including Stack. If you’re a self-starter and ready to take on architecture, frameworks, engineering SOPs and even manage a team, we’re looking for you! You will craft out and implement engineering best practices on the team. It is ideal if you have had past experiences in start ups and grew with them.
What you’ll do:
• Review technology, development methodology, and best practices while balancing the creation of new functionality, immediate needs of existing customers, and augmentation/management of architecture/infrastructure
• Partner with product management to define and drive technical strategy and architectural vision
• Drive/augment engineering process with primary goals of predictability, stability, and visibility
• Establish an engineering culture of quality where verification/validation occur at every step. Drive an architecture that facilitates quality and a process that enforces it
• Establish framework for making impactful technical decisions. Empower engineers to innovate while providing technical expertise/targeted questions to make a decision that is best for the business
• Ensure that the engineering team understands business direction and how individual work facilitates end goals
• Promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and customer-facing experimentation
Apply for this job