VP Engineering (ID) - Online Logistics Marketplace
This is an opportunity to join a true startup at the ground floor and to learn to build a business from scratch. Our client’s company runs on a unique business model that is disrupting the traditional Logistic ecosystem.
As one of the members of the core engineering team in Indonesia, you will have the golden opportunity to define the technical strategy, lay the groundwork for the technology architecture and manage the working norms of the technical team. You will be working closely with the CTO Co-founder and leading a dynamic team of engineers.
• 7+ years of experience in software engineering, and 4+ year experience in architecting, designing, preferably in tech companies with 10+ million users
• Experience managing large-scale systems and manage more than 15 engineers
• Deep experience with modern web platforms & technologies, continuous delivery, and deployment.
• Experienced with creation and implementation of payment system, high-concurrency and security practices
• Strong analytical and systems thinking skills to handle both the big picture and important technical details.
• Excellent communicator who can articulate technical design trade-offs with team members
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable university.
• Excellent level of English
• Good references from past colleagues
This role will be based in Indonesia.
What you’ll do:
• Strong software engineering & architecture fundamentals
• Fluent in design patterns and able to talk about complex topics in a simple, easy-to-understand way
• Strong engagement and leadership within an open source community (either a maintainer, contributor or leader to open source projects)
• Well versed in software engineering principles, frameworks, and technologies
• Driven and a focused self-starter, great communicator, amazing follow-through—you have a great work ethic and love the responsibility of being individually empowered
DAY TO DAY:
• Drive decisions on application architecture, implementation details, tooling, and testing frameworks
• Participate in all parts of the product lifecycle (brainstorming, design, planning, execution, and shipping)
• Write code, bug fixing and do code reviews
• Write maintainable and extensible code with high-quality tests and documentation.
• Guide the team to implement best coding standard
• Write and review tech design and requirement docs.
• Help team members when they’re stuck.
• Hold folks to a high-quality standard (reliability/security/usability).
• Coach team members on their personal and career development
• Checklist the process of designing team processes and outline them from A-Z
• Lead and drive engineering strategy and direction including short and long-term goals and where to make investments
• Drive implementation of appropriate engineering processes and guidelines, to optimize consistent delivery of a quality product
WHAT OUR CLIENT OFFERS:
• An opportunity to be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
• Equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
• Medical insurances (BPJS & Private insurance)
• Free lunch and dinner
• An upbeat and collaborative work culture
Apply for this job