Regional Sales Lead (MY) - Tech Startup
Our client is a well-funded tech startup that offers companies digital systems powered by their AI algorithms. Our client helps businesses drive higher sales, streamline operations, and provide a better customer experience. They currently have multiple active terminals in the region, serving millions of customers every year.
The Regional Sales Lead, based in Kuala Lumpur and reporting to Co-Founder and Director – Sales & Partnerships, will be responsible for developing opportunities, setting sales strategy, competitive positioning and account plan execution in selling product solutions to clients across the region. This position is key to our client and gives the opportunity to sit in the driving seat of their business growth, making a tremendous impact on the overall trajectory of the company in this region.
• Identify and set ambitious revenue targets for SE Asia region, achieving short and long-term results through achievement of KPIs
• Generate new business, identifying and developing new customer key accounts, and meeting with clients to provide effective deal closings
• Manage entire sales life cycle including pitching, negotiation, contracting, billing/invoicing, and payment collection and result tracking.
• Develop and cultivate deep relationships with client senior management to upsell new solutions and to seek better revenue / margin realization
• Identify and understand trends within client departments, overall relevant industry and competition
• Attracting, developing and retaining Rockstar talent to support sales operations across SE Asia
• Overall 10 years of experience in Sales and Business Development, with approx. 4-5 years of experience of selling solutions or products or B2B software sales across SEA.
• Strong presentation skills with an ability to present to audiences in one-on-one or to large groups settings.
• Has client-centric approach to solution-selling, with an ability to influence and articulate a value proposition based on client understanding of the business
• Highly motivated with an outgoing personality and a strong sense of accountability and initiative.
• Demonstrated capability as a leader; experience in building and managing a team across different regions
• Fluent English and regional language (Malay), in written & oral form.