VP Engineering (PH) - MedTech
Our client is currently seeking a VP of Engineering with experience supporting a global company to join their technology team. Our client is a health tech company that’s developed and deployed the first scalable, distributed medical imaging software designed for affordable access around the world. They work with large healthcare chains, public health systems and group practices to scale their business operations seamlessly without the pain or cost of legacy medical imaging software.
The ideal candidate should be highly driven, self-motivated and truly excited about having a meaningful impact within the company. In addition, the candidate should be technically hands-on with a strong experience integrating with various APIs to support the business and partners. Combining a startup mindset with the scale of an industry leader, this role brings great opportunities to work on various projects, with both internal and external stakeholders, collaborating with a diverse range of partners and teams. You will be responsible for leading a talented engineering team, developing the engineering culture, coordinating strategic technology choices and keeping the business on schedule. You will interact closely with the CTO and product team in tool selection, delivery roadmaps and other areas.
This role will be based in the Philippines office with the founding team for the first year of service.
• Define the team structure and headcount requirements to achieve the product milestones agreed on by the Board and CEO/CTO
• Oversee the implementation of new tools, tests and practices to make our development process more efficient and the company’s core product more robust
• Recruit, manage and mentor new engineering managers and engineers , as well as the existing team of developers
• Oversee the expansion of the company’s engineering team to multiple locations and/or manage external engineering vendors, as necessary
• Collaborate effectively with the CEO/CTO to continue innovating on the core product architecture and generating new intellectual property at the company
• Bring to bear his/her expertise to improve and upgrade the company’s technology stack by making the right choices on the adoption of new components
• Oversee the effective integration of third-party capabilities, features and products that provide the company with a competitive technology advantage
• Develop a deep understanding of the technology stacks prevalent with other cutting edge healthtech companies globally
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or a similar field
Strong technical background, with a minimum of five years’ experience with full stack development and the ability to contribute to technical planning and design discussions
Excellent communication skills with good years’ hands-on technical management experience
Experience having implemented organisational processes to make sure that team delivers on time
Experience of designing/developing cloud-based, scalable applications
Experience of designing micro-services architectures on hosted networks and cloud infrastructures, along with expertise in the architecture and integration of applications into existing web stacks without performance issues
Experience in developing with a keen appreciation of security requirements
Experience of having managed a remote teams and outsourced vendors preferred